Take Root – BUY TICKETS!
Mark your calendar that September 22, 2018 is SEF’s annual fundraiser Take Root event. If you joined us last year, it was a wonderful success at Dayton Farms and will be held there again this year. Food, drinks, Live at Joe’s band, silent and live auctions and more, will make for a fun evening out supporting SEF and giving back to the Sycamore School District. Tickets are now available! $40 a person – get yours today. Go Spartans!
Distinguished Alumni Induction Ceremony
September 22 at School High School from 12pm-2pm
Celebrate the induction of the 2018 Distinguished Alumni: Chuck Criswell (’67), Rich Kearney (’65), and Rob Olson (’88).
All events below are FREE and OPEN TO THE PUBLIC! Come show your Spartan pride!
- 12pm-1:30pm – Sycamore High School tour led by Media and Marketing Coordinator David Olson. See the history of the school, the latest advances and donations given.
- 1pm – Reception and Hor d’oeuvres in newly refinished Art Lounge.
- 2pm – Induction Ceremony and unveiling of 2018 Alumni Display
- After the ceremony – All are welcome to attend the SEF Take Root Event – Get your tickets now!
Please RSVP here.
Cultivating the Future Campaign
After careful consideration, the all-volunteer leadership of SEF has determined that it is time for the organization to grow. A recently completed strategic plan will guide the priorities over the next several years. Through an investment in infrastructure, SEF will grow the operating budget and achieve the following key outcomes:
- The ability to hire a professional staff member
- Increase fundraising to provide more grants to the District’s schools
- Increase communication with the public
- Establish relationships with Sycamore alumni, community and businesses
- Increase the success, sustainability and impact of the Foundation
Sycamore Education Foundation is on it’s way to meeting the $150,000 goal in support of their mission and long term planning for a full-time employee, thanks to Heartland Bank and Trust Company. Having a director to grow relationships within Sycamore, with Sycamore School District’s alumni, the community, and businesses would have a huge impact on the SEF and Sycamore School District.
SEF 2018-19 Sycamore School District Kick Off Meeting
SEF met Monday, July 16th to kick off the 2018-19 school year!! Our annual Big Ideas meeting was held at The Depot and catered by Shawn’s Coffee Shop. Thanks to The Depot and Shawn’s for a great atmosphere and delicious food!! SEF appreciates their support!!
“Sycamore Has Been Good To Me”
Sycamore students, parents, and alumni! A sycamore parent and SEF have teamed up to raise funds for a Sycamore Activity Tunnel by selling “Sycamore Has Been Good to Me” T-shirts and Sweatshirts. The tunnel will be used for athletics and at special events conducted by the district and community. A 2017 Sycamore graduate, Victoria Ruud, who is currently attending Kishwaukee College studying graphic design, has designed the graphics. Once the money for the tunnel has been raised, additional funding will go to SEF to help provide grant money for the teachers and students in the district.
- Long sleeve shirt–SYCAMORE HAS BEEN GOOD TO ME
- Short sleeve shirt–SYCAMORE HAS BEEN GOOD TO ME
- Women’s cut short sleeve shirt–SYCAMORE HAS BEEN GOOD TO ME
- Crewneck sweatshirt–SYCAMORE HAS BEEN GOOD TO ME
- Donation–SYCAMORE HAS BEEN GOOD TO ME
The Legacy Bricks are for a special recognition area surrounding the Peter L. Johnson statue at Sycamore High School.
Order online today!
May 3–Give DeKalb County
24-hour Giving Day
Thank you for all who gave to SEF and all DeKalb County non profit organizations! SEF raised $8,785 from 47 donors and received $984.23 from the bonus pool.
- Are you interested in applying for a grant? Download the application, view timeline and get more information now.