Posting and Job Description
August 1, 2019
Sycamore Education Foundation Director
The Sycamore Education Foundation (SEF) announces the newly created position of Director. The Director will be an employee of Sycamore CUSD #427 funded by SEF. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
SYCAMORE EDUCATION FOUNDATION
Dedicated to excellence in education for all students, the SEF was founded in 1984 as an independent, not-for-profit organization working in partnership with Sycamore Schools and the community. The SEF engages with community members, businesses, and local foundations to support its mission to enhance education for all district students. Detailed information about the SEF and its mission can be found on the SEF website http://www.sycamoresef.org.
The Director will report directly to and be evaluated annually by the SEF Board. The Director will serve as the chief executive officer; the administrator in charge of all Foundation activity and growth; and the primary liaison between the Foundation and the Sycamore School District, the Sycamore community, and Sycamore alumni.
DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES Competence in the following functions is essential to the success of this position, and applicants should demonstrate proficiency in each. Percentages indicate desirable time allocation:
1. Development (60%):
- Coordinate the fund development processes and adhere to best practice in management of charitable gifts, scholarships, alumni outreach and estate planning.
- Meet high standards of achievement in organizing and managing complex, high pressure public events.
- Engage the community to expand the fundraising efforts of the SEF. Fundraising management can include: event planning and execution, grant writing/reporting, direct appeals, maintaining donor relations, planned giving, and corporate support.
2. Communications and Stakeholder Engagement (20%):
- Demonstrate communication skills required to support both the daily management needs and the public relations needs of the organization.
- Elicit and develop the active involvement of Board members, volunteers, and other SEF stakeholders.
3. Fiscal Management (10%):
- Lead the planning, implementation, analysis, and accountability for the organization’s annual budget.
4. Organizational planning (5%):
- Bring vision and broad knowledge to the annual planning and long range planning processes of the SEF.
5. Board Governance (5%):
- Support the governing function of the Board of Directors and the Board member development process, and implement and administer all policies formulated by the Board.
This is not intended to be an exclusive list of all duties and responsibilities. Related duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Baccalaureate or higher Degree in Nonprofit Management or a combination of work experiences
- Experience in organizational management and personnel supervision
Respondents should submit their qualifications and the required information electronically through the Sycamore Community School District #427 employment portal.
Review of applications will begin the week of September 16, 2019 and the posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Respondents are to provide the following information:
1. Cover Letter outlining your overall credentials, strengths and unique qualities which qualify you for this position. Please explain your view of the Director position, its place in the community, and what is important for success.
2. A Curriculum Vitae describing your work experience, skills and educational background
SEARCH AND SELECTION PROCESS
At this time no questions will be answered regarding this posting. It is the intent of the Selection Committee to shortlist and interview candidates within 3 weeks of the response deadline and answer questions at that time. Upon final selection it is intended to contract with the candidate and negotiate a start date. The Board reserves the right to deviate from this process.