Take Root 2019 – Thank you!
Thank you to all who participated, sponsored, donated, set up and made possible Take Root this year. It was a blast!
Please share your photos with us on social media by tagging Sycamore Education Foundation, using hashtag #TakeRoot2019, or posting them on our page.
“Sycamore Has Been Good To Me”
Sycamore students, parents, and alumni! A sycamore parent and SEF have teamed up to raise funds for a Sycamore Activity Tunnel by selling “Sycamore Has Been Good to Me” T-shirts and Sweatshirts. The tunnel will be used for athletics and at special events conducted by the district and community. A 2017 Sycamore graduate, Victoria Ruud, who is currently attending Kishwaukee College studying graphic design, has designed the graphics. Once the money for the tunnel has been raised, additional funding will go to SEF to help provide grant money for the teachers and students in the district.
- Long sleeve shirt–SYCAMORE HAS BEEN GOOD TO ME
- Short sleeve shirt–SYCAMORE HAS BEEN GOOD TO ME
- Women’s cut short sleeve shirt–SYCAMORE HAS BEEN GOOD TO ME
- Crewneck sweatshirt–SYCAMORE HAS BEEN GOOD TO ME
- Donation–SYCAMORE HAS BEEN GOOD TO ME
Cultivating the Future Campaign
After careful consideration, the all-volunteer leadership of SEF has determined that it is time for the organization to grow. A recently completed strategic plan will guide the priorities over the next several years. Through an investment in infrastructure, SEF will grow the operating budget and achieve the following key outcomes:
- The ability to hire a professional staff member
- Increase fundraising to provide more grants to the District’s schools
- Increase communication with the public
- Establish relationships with Sycamore alumni, community and businesses
- Increase the success, sustainability and impact of the Foundation
Sycamore Education Foundation is on it’s way to meeting the $150,000 goal in support of their mission and long term planning for a full-time employee, thanks to Heartland Bank and Trust Company. Having a director to grow relationships within Sycamore, with Sycamore School District’s alumni, the community, and businesses would have a huge impact on the SEF and Sycamore School District.
The Legacy Bricks are for a special recognition area surrounding the Peter L. Johnson statue at Sycamore High School.
Order online today!