On Monday, October 18th, the Board of Directors of the Sycamore Education Foundation (SEF) awarded $17,487 in grants to enhance educational opportunities for the students of Sycamore Community School District 427.
“Through the support of our generous donors, we are able to provide funding for seven special projects for educators during this grant cycle” said Lauren Holtz, SEF Executive Director. “We are so thankful for the generosity of our community. Through donations from individuals and businesses, we are fortunate to be able to provide funding for Sycamore 427 teachers and students that encourages creativity and innovation inside the classroom.”
These grant funds will go to support a variety of projects in District 427 including:
- Graphing calculators at Sycamore High School
- Social emotional books at West Elementary School
- iPads to support physical education at Sycamore Middle School
- NoRedInk, grammar education software at Sycamore Middle School
- Mirrors, Windows, Sliding Doors Initiative at all elementary schools
- Movement chairs for students with sensory needs at North Grove Elementary School
Since 2018, SEF has funded nearly $240,000 in grants for Sycamore schools. The Foundation has supported a variety of projects for the District including the library renovation at North Elementary School, a 21st Century collaborative commons at Sycamore High School, digital signage, and the Spartan TV production studio and access channel.